About Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center
Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center has been serving the residents of Moore County and the Sandhills region for more than 25 years, offering compassionate care to our local and regional community. Along with our warm welcome, you will find a skilled and dedicated staff that will make you feel special. We offer a full range of services to meet the needs of our residents. With short and longer-term healthcare service offerings, our residents are able to age in place.
What Pinehurst Offers You and Your Loved One
Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center has had a reputation for resident dignity, excellent care and quality service. We are proud that we remain driven by an uncompromising insistence on the quality of services provided to our residents by our staff.
Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Services
Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, a skilled nursing and rehabilitation facility, provides medical and nursing services for seniors twenty-four hours a day. Skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities cater to individuals needing either short-term rehab to assist them to regain their prior level of functioning, or require long-term nursing and medical supervision.
Our medical services are delivered by a number of licensed and certified staff.
We welcome a range of residents, including those who require:
- Short-term rehab while recovering from a surgery, illness, or injury
- Long-term nursing and medical supervision
- Short-term respite care for residents requiring help at home to allow family members to receive assistance with caring full-time for a loved one
Micro-Community: A More Comfortable Setting
At Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center, we provide personalized and compassionate medical care in an environment designed to enhance your quality of life. Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center provides individualized healthcare services to the residents in our community. Together, we will develop a personalized healthcare plan to fit your individual needs. You will meet new friends, enjoy activities, and receive professional healthcare and rehabilitations services from our staff.
Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center facility provides care for residents with dementia. We offer special activities for our residents with dementia, and our caregivers are especially trained in working with this condition.
Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center also provides hospice care. Hospice care is an infusion of home care and facility care provided to benefit terminally ill patients and support their families through their tough times.
Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation now offers 28 Private Rehabilitation Suites for those short-term residents needing therapy before returning to their homes. We offer physical, occupational, and speech therapy to meet your rehabilitative needs.
Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center offers a wide variety of activities for the varying population of our residents. These residents enjoy monthly outings to restaurants and movie theaters, along with shopping trips. Church groups come in weekly to offer religious services to any residents wishing to attend.
Pinehurst Healthcare & Rehabilitation Center also has a beauty salon/barber shop, where residents can enjoy some pampering.
For residents with impaired cognition, we also offer visual and auditory stimulation activities.
Pinehurst’s Location: There’s No Place Like Home
The Sandhills Region
Established as Moore County at the end of the Revolutionary War, the rolling Sandhills region of central North Carolina is rich in history, culture, and tradition. Three small, separate but neighboring towns – Southern Pines, Pinehurst and Aberdeen – share a temperate climate and a rolling terrain perfect for golf. Pinehurst Resort alone features eight golf courses, including the world-renowned Pinehurst Number Two, host of many significant amateur and professional tournaments. Beyond Pinehurst, another 43 quality golf courses dot the countryside within easy reach of the three towns.
Our Climate and Environment
The mild winters and clement weather make the area very relocation-friendly. There’s an exceptional hospital, great senior programs, good schools and a strong community college offering a number of continuing education and curriculum degree programs.
The historic Village of Pinehurst and surrounding community offer programs, special cultural events, live entertainment, lecture series, historic sites and more.
- Revolutionary and Civil War sites, such as the House in the Horseshoe and the Malcolm Blue Farm
- Award-winning Sandhills Horticultural Gardens
- Nearby shopping in quaint Village of Pinehurst and Town of Southern Pines, including boutique clothing stores, house wares, gift shops and ice cream parlors
- Live music each weekend at area restaurants, and a movie theatre
- Antiques: In addition to shops in the immediate area, the town of Cameron at the eastern edge of the county, offers a host of stores in its 1870s-era homes and buildings
- Area art galleries and paint-your-own pottery locations
- Seagrove area potteries
- Annual Festivals such as Camellia Festival (March), St. Patrick's Day Parade/Entertainment (March), Spring Fest (April), July 4th Pet and Community Parade, Holly Arts & Crafts Festival (October), and the Village Tree Lighting (December)
- Turn-of-the century homes, with Spring Home and Garden Tours
Places to Stay While You are Visiting Family Members
The Pinehurst Resort
- Pinehurst: Since 1895, the world of golf has celebrated this resort, with eight golf courses of its own, and numerous courses nearby. The historic, top-notch Holly Inn and The Carolina Hotels, along with other lodging options, are classic, sophisticated accommodations. 800.487.4653, www.pinehurst.com
The Pine Crest Inn
- Pinehurst: Dating back to the early 1900s, and once home to famed golf architect Donald Ross, the Inn offers a variety of rooms and a cottage. 800.371.2545, www.pinecrestinnpinehurst.com
Mid Pines Inn & Golf Club, and Pine Needles Lodge & Golf Club
- Southern Pines: Golf courses and a large range of rooms – and, of course, golf packages. 800.323.2114, 800.747.7272, www.pineneedles-midpines.com
Hampton Inn & Suites
- Aberdeen: Features 70 rooms and 34 suites; one of the area’s newest hotels. 800.348.2965, www.hamptoninn.com
The Pinehurst Team
At Pinehurst, you will receive the best quality care from a team of compassionate professionals. We believe in relationships, and along with expert care, that’s where we excel. Below are the team members responsible for making sure everything is running smoothly for you and your care.
On-site Administrative Team
Morrison – Administrator
Wallace – Director of Nursing
Bain – Assistant Director of Nursing
Valitutto – Clinical Supervisor
Haynes – Collection Specialist
Thyne – Admission / Marketing Director
Johnson – Business Office Manager
Davidson – Social Worker
Buie – MDS Supervisor
Spencer – Activities Supervisor
Starr – Dietary Manager
Maner – Maintenance Director